Farewell DMO, Hello Royal Mail Click & Drop
Royal Mail command more than 47% of the UK Parcel Delivery market, making more 1 billion deliveries a year. But their position as market leader continues to erode in the face of DPD, Amazon and the range of other companies who continue to grow. Royal Mail’s latest attempt to stay ahead of the competition has seen them replace their previous label printing software – Despatch Manager Online (DMO) – with Click & Drop.
Whilst what we’ve seen of Royal Mail’s new offering hasn’t filled us with confidence in terms of the user experience they’re creating – effectively Royal Mail have made it impossible for third party systems like Khaos Control to automatically print labels via their software – we also know that a vast swathe of the Khaos Control Family will continue to work with the national carrier, at least for the foreseeable future.
As you’d expect, we’ve integrated Khaos Control with Click & Drop to ensure that our DMO customers aren’t left in the lurch when it comes to despatching goods via Royal Mail.
What You Need To Know About Khaos Control’s Integration with Royal Mail Click & Drop
Firstly, you’ll need to have:
- A Royal Mail Click & Drop Account
- A Dropbox account that can be used to handle the file transfer into Royal Mail’s software. Please refer to this Royal Mail PDF for information on how to do this.
- Version 8.139 (or later) of Khaos Control. Contact our Support Team if you’ve not yet updated.
Secondly, you’ll need to amend your Royal Mail couriers in [ System Data | Couriers ] such that they use the following type:
Royal Mail Click and Drop
How you use Khaos Control’s Click & Drop Integration
- Pick and pack your goods as per and Confirm Shipment.
- In the ‘Shipping’ stage of the Invoice Manager, click ‘Assing to Courier’
- For Royal Mail Click & Drop despatches, this will now generate a .csv file that you can import into the Dropbox Account you’ve set up and linked to your Click & Drop instance.
- Crack on in Royal Mail Click & Drop and get those labels printed!
Tracking Numbers A Thing of the Past?
Fear Not! Royal Mail is still generating these and a future update will provide you with the ability to import tracking / consignment reference data back into Khaos Control from Click & Drop.
Would You Like to Know More?
Then contact us today and the team will be delighted to help.