The benefits of using cloud-based systems for your business are clear: increased mobility, flexibility, and cost-efficiency. Long term, that ultimately means an improved experience for your customers.
It’s surprising, therefore, how many UK businesses are still reluctant to adapt cloud solutions. This is often due to managers and business leaders sticking with outdated on-site technology. To them, their tried and tested methods are viewed as more secure than new cloud and mobile solutions.
Sensitive data concerns are currently the main barrier for migration to the cloud, with other key fears including security concerns and lack of compliance.
Should you be concerned about security?
By acknowledging that data breaches are now a standard business cost, and that the average total cost of a data breach in the UK is more than £3 million, the immediate answer is ‘yes’. Especially, as those breaches often also result in severe reputational damage when customers lose trust in in a company’s ability to keep their data safe.
Recently, cloud solutions have seen immense growth and development, especially regarding security issues. By most experts, and more and more users, they are now regarded as being much more secure than traditional legacy systems.
It is predicted that worldwide spending on cloud services will increase to around £500 billion, by 2023.
Implementing a cloud solution for your business can significantly lower the costs and complexity of your security infrastructure, while still providing a high level of security.
So, while data breaches and cyberattacks still represent a major threat for all businesses, you can significantly reduce your risk by using a secure cloud solution. What is most important, when considering a move to cloud, is having the right partner. Somebody you can trust with your sensitive data, somebody who provides you with a level of security that will let you sleep well at night. See how our own ERP solutions are keeping businesses free of data corruptions in our latest case study with the retailer, Sophie Allport.
How Khaos Control Cloud can deliver a secure solution for your business
To ensure our cloud ERP software is as secure as possible we implement a wide variety of measures and safeguards.
To increase transparency for our customers we’ve broken down the key steps:
- Firstly, from a server-related point of view, each instance of Khaos Control Cloud has a separate independent database. This ensures that every company, which uses our cloud ERP, can be certain their data is secure and cannot be shared.
- The datacentre, where this data is stored, is PCI compliant, as you would expect.
- Firewall and Server operating systems software is kept up-to-date is the latest security patches.
- All our servers have backup procedures to prevent data loss.
- In the extremely unlikely event that a severe physical damage takes place in the datacentre, let’s say a fire for example, then your data is still safely stored on a backup facility, located in a completely different datacentre – hundreds of miles away from the main one. All databases are backed up daily overnight data is secure and cannot be shared.
- Data is encrypted while it travels between your database and your browser, to guarantee it cannot be read or accessed.
- All login data and passwords are encrypted. Not even a Khaos Control support technician can read them.
- As an additional security measure, the cloud server can only be accessed from our HQ, here in Grantham.
- Our programmers use obfuscation on the client-side code. This means they deliberately create source code that is especially difficult to understand, with the aim of preventing people from snooping around and acquiring background knowledge about the application.
- When generating customer and supplier documents such as invoices or delivery notes, the client device itself doesn’t have to do anything. Instead, the data is sent through to our servers, which then call our reporting tool. As a result, we can prevent people from finding out the relevant API keys or asking it for other customers’ printed reports and data.
Sufficient levels of cloud ERP software security are always our first concern to ensure that our customers’ data, both on their devices and on our servers, is protected.
If you are looking for a cloud-based ERP software solution but you were concerned about security issues – don’t be. Khaos Control Cloud will provide you with a level of security that will let you sleep well at night. Sign up for a free demo today.