If you’re a business owner, you will have come across accounting software company Xero. If you haven’t, it is definitely worth checking out.
Founded in 2006 by Hamish Edwards in New Zealand, Xero has risen quickly through the ranks to become a major player in the accounting software world. The business has its sights set firmly on the big dogs like QuickBooks and they have proven themselves a real competitor in the market.
Now in their 12th year, Xero has over a million users in more than 180 countries. A meteoric rise, people have been attracted to Xero for its intuitive functionality and affordability. Xero’s slogan is to do ‘beautiful business’, and they aim to accomplish this by offering companies the tools they need to efficiently and easily process their accounts, allowing business owners to spend more time on actually running their business.
It’s easy to see how Xero has built up such a loyal fanbase. Users have been impressed with its functionality, such as contact and inventory management, as well as all the standard functions you would expect to see from an accounting package. It is clear how this accounting software has taken the business world by storm, offering great functionality and support at a great price.
For ecommerce businesses, Xero is an invaluable tool. Integrating this intuitive accounting package with your order management software gives users the combined power to effectively run their business. With Khaos Control Cloud and Xero, users marry intuitive stock control with Xero’s powerful accounting package, making for a formidable partnership.
To demonstrate why so many people are trusting Xero with their accounting needs, here are seven powerful Xero functions.
Did you know Khaos Control Cloud now integrates fully with Xero? To find out more, book a demo today.
Powerful Xero Functions
1) Xero Dashboard – The Xero dashboard is a beautifully designed and intuitive hub that lets you see at a glance how your business is performing. To see the figures which are most important to you, simply drag and drop the figures you wish to appear in the dashboard, allowing you to keep on top of KPIs and any other information you require.
2) Cloud-Based – Xero is all about flexibility, and by being cloud-based, it means you can access your information anywhere in real time. There is also a mobile app, meaning you don’t even have to be at a computer to access information and check on company performance. Invoices are sent on the job and you can store customer data in your phone so the information you need is always on hand. For businesses that spend a lot of time on the road, this type of digital freedom is incredibly useful.
3) Direct Bank Feeds – For any business, it is important to monitor and analyse cash flow, however, manually updating accounts is a frustrating and time-consuming task. Xero connects to your bank accounts and feeds data in daily. This means when you go to reconcile your accounts, your figures will be accurate and up to date, making it incredibly easy to forecast your cash flow for the coming months.
4) Online Invoicing – Amongst the long list of powerful Xero functions is its invoicing. Xero saves drafts of invoices you send to clients to prevent data loss. It also generates an invoice number and pulls in the date from when you created the invoice.
5) Online Payroll – Payroll is easily processed through Xero, with employers able to grant employees access to their data over its portal. And, in just a few clicks, employers can also pay their employee with Xero calculating tax and leave. If you have a payroll manager or advisor, you can invite them to your Xero account to view your payroll. Employees are also able to request leave from the portal, allowing employers to keep accurate records and know what days their employees have worked.
6) Quick Quotes – Quickly and easily show prospective customers the cost of jobs by sending them quotes, converting them into a bill by creating an invoice directly from the quote for less admin and faster delivery. When a quote has been sent to a customer, its status is updated on Xero to either ‘accepted’ or ‘rejected’. If a client has commented on it, you know exactly how to follow it up.
7) Files –These days, it is common for quotes and invoices to be sent over with files attached. As such, Xero makes it incredibly straightforward to attach a file from almost any screen on the system. Attach a PDF file to a quote, invoice or journal entry, meaning all relevant information is organised in a place you can find it.
Powerful Xero functions have rapidly propelled the software to become a contender with the likes of QuickBooks and other accounting software. For small to medium sized businesses, Xero is a really great system with a lot of bang for your buck. Offering different pricing structures, depending on how many users require it, means opportunity for scalability when a business needs to grow.
Xero aim to do ‘beautiful’ business by offering users genuinely impressive and intuitive features combined with reasonable pricing, and they certainly seem to be achieving their goal. Link Khaos Control Cloud to your Xero account and you’ll have two incredibly powerful systems working hand in hand to run your business. Let Khaos Control Cloud’s powerful order management software manage your stock and orders, and Xero look after your accounts, and the only thing you will have to worry about is growing even faster than fast!
To find out more about our Xero integration, book a demo today.