BigCommerce is shopping cart software, or as some may know it, an ecommerce platform.
Selling on BigCommerce like a boss is easy. But only if you utilise all the features BigCommerce offers to the fullest. As the saying goes you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink.
The Dashboard is going to be the main hub from which you control your business, being able to control orders, products, customers etc makes controlling and delivering stock a breeze. With all the main aspects of your business being pegged to the sidebar for easy browsing you will never be confused when trying to navigate.
Inventory and customer management
In the orders screen your basic options include; view, add, search and export, all of which are self-explanatory. Additional options include; Drafting orders, controlling shipments, tracking numbers, adding gift certificates and viewing order statuses. These are the lifeblood of any business and are essential for success, and the fact that BigCommerce makes them so easy to navigate really benefits the user experience.
Whilst all these tabs are essential, some will give you the added extra boost to make you better than your competition. For example, by creating customer groups, you can help create a category level/ store-wide discount etc. list of similar suppliers making your job more streamlined when it comes to accessing their data and giving them discount codes for being loyal customers.
Getting your Style Across
Selling like a boss on BigCommerce is made simple by its marketing and store front features, which really entice customers to the site and promote spending. Alongside additional features like
abandoned shopping cart savers (which have the potential to increase sales by up to 17%), a robust API (integration toolkit) and great conversion to mobile platforms.
The API in BigCommerce allows you to connect your ERP solution ( Such as Khaos Control Cloud) to your online store, as well as your
Virtual Showroom (VSR) by making use of all these features you will have an added advantage on those companies that just make do with the bare-bones functionality. If you want to succeed with BigCommerce then utilising Google AdWords, customer reviews and Bing / Yahoo search marketing will expertly boost your traffic both organically and non-organically. Alongside more traditional marketing methods like Email Marketing you will see a huge uptake in the growth of your site.
Getting ahead of your competition
By utilising the shopping comparison sites, you can stay one step ahead of your competition and keep your prices competitive.
The Analytics tab will give you an in-depth look at what your consumers are purchasing, which pages convert best, the conversion rates between platforms, and a purchase funnel detailing how many visitors ultimately end up becoming customers. All useful information which, when properly managed, can increase the efficiency of your business.
BigCommerce can also enable you to offer an Omnichannel experience to your customers, by integrating all your selling platforms onto one system, making it much easier to manage, and finally you can adapt you user experience with add on apps to customise and personalise your site, whether you want to perform account management or have live-chat as an option so that you can communicate in real time with customers, then you can!
So, if you want to become a boss at BigCommerce then it’s simple, simply make use of all the tools at your disposal! Then when you have mastered their use and adapted them to best suit your business, will you be most ready to beat your competition and get ahead of the curve.
Some additional features you might not be aware of:
- Web analytics– see what platforms your customers use, where they spend most of their time and what converts them into paying customers
- Gift wrapping– Perfect for those holiday periods when shoppers want their presents to come pre-wrapped, saving you the time and money of doing it yourself
- Affiliate conversion tracking– track how effectively you are converting affiliates, whether that be via Google, yahoo or MSN, see what makes your customers eyes light up.
- Manage your SEO and advertising methods– The best way to get recognised on a search engine database is to effectively manage your SEO. BigCommerce enables this by having additional tabs featuring Google Ad-words, Yahoo search marketing and google customer reviews.
- Over at BigCommerce they have 24/7 support, so if you do come across any problems or troubleshooting then help is only a call away. Additionally, before you purchase the package you can have a 30-day free trial, just to make sure the system is right for you. BigCommerce supports mobile templates, and now that more people browse on mobile devices this is key.
- Selling on multiple channels– You can now sell on Facebook, eBay and Amazon allowing you to take advantage of all the biggest selling platforms. Product syndication and shopping feeds are also featured on BigCommerce allowing you to connect Shopzilla, Google Product Search, Price grabber and Next Tag.
- Courier Integration– You can also integrate with various couriers; UPS, USPS, FedEx, Canada Post, Australia Post and more. By making the most of the best deals and transportation costs you can maximise your potential turnover.
- BigCommerce University– The BigCommerce university is a great resource for amateurs, it shows you how to set up an online store and walks you through each step. Resources include short videos of attracting buyers, building customer loyalty and creating an ecommerce store
Still Not Sure?
Here are some testimonials from users of BigCommerce;
On the ecommerce conversion rate, our mobile rate went up 49%, desktop went up 134% and tablet went up 135%.
Our mobile revenue went up 120%, desktop went up 22% and tablet went up 77%.
Overall, we had a 207% increase in revenue and a 71% increase in ecommerce conversion rate.
BigCommerce powers tens of thousands of businesses across the world and processes billions of dollars’ worth of transactions, so it’s worth considering for your ecommerce platform.
As with every online store, it’s only as good as the back-office application that powers it. If you’d like to learn more about how Khaos Control Cloud integrates with BigCommerce and how our Cloud ERP can help you smash your competition, sign up now and get your first 30 days free.