Georgie Hopkins and Simon Whitehead founded Myakka in 1999 in picturesque Somerset with their sights set on offering the best quality, affordable, fair trade furniture and toured India in search of their own direct suppliers. Myakka is now in her teens and has truly blossomed. It’s still Georgie and Simon at the helm and Myakka’s beautiful furniture is sourced from a harmonious band of dedicated manufacturers across India, Thailand, Indonesia and beyond.
Myakka showcases their complete range of products through their eCommerce website, mail order catalogue and exciting Warehouse Outlet, including colourful home accessories and inspiring gifts to complement the wide range of fair trade furniture.
The Business Challenge
As an established company in the direct selling marketplace, Myakka were looking to create a foundation for the next stage of their business’ development and growth with a system that would enable them to extend their reach, whilst maintaining their traditional EPOS offering. In addition, managing a complex supply chain and customers’ expectations were also key elements to the next stage of Myakka’s growth.
During the summer of 2007, Keystone Software Development Ltd and Myakka implemented a customised Khaos Control solution that delivered:
- A fully configured ERP system.
- Integration with; DHD, Interlink, Parcelforce and other courier software as well as PSP, Datacash.
- Customer, Stock, Suppliers, Catalogues and Telesales Rules from their previous system were imported and ready to go in Khaos Control from Day One.
- Integration with Myakka’s existing ecommerce solution.
- Customisation of key documents and processes within Khaos Control to meet Myakka’s specific requirements.
- Increased efficiencies, particularly with regards to pick, pack and despatch.
- Capacity to handle increased order volumes.
- Increased efficiencies across the business, both within the Warehouse Outlet and when selling via mail order catalogue and ecommerce website.
- Flexibility to further customise the Khaos Control solution to meet their ongoing requirements.
- Myakka has been recognised both regionally and nationally as a leader in their marketplace, including a Direct Commerce Award in 2014.